Thursday, September 23, 2010

midnight munchies-- banana burrito


Most of my snacks are meal-sized, and most of my meals are snack-sized. That said, I don't put much stock into "rules" about food. I eat (basically) what I want, when I want, though I try and get more fruits and vegetables and all, and somehow I manage to eat fairly well. It's all basically the same though: bread with topping, whether it's a sandwich, taco/burrito/quesadilla, pizza (i.e. huge open face sandwich) or crackers with cheese/hummus/whatever. Tortillas are one of my favorite foods. I'm not sure why-- probably because they're so dang useful. Anyway, there's an abundance of tortillas at home, and I needed something sweet. I thought back to the chocolate enchiladas at Caroline's birthday party and thought "hey... I could eat that." (sidenote: new blog title?)

I rummaged through the kitchen to find some sweet things to eat. I came up with bananas, peanut butter, and honey.

"Recipe"-- but also see notes below!
one tortilla (I used a burrito-sized 10-inch one, but a fajita sized one may have been better)
a few good globs of peanut butter, 2.5 tablespoons?
one banana
a tablespoon(?) of honey. I used Rapsblüte (rapeseed? rapeseed blossom?) honey that I brought home from Germany.
Microwave for 40 seconds, or till banana is warm and peanut butter is gooey. Wrap like a burrito. Eat it. May require fork and knife.

Result: waaaaayyyy too sweet! And a sweet tooth is the only kind of tooth I have. Maybe it was the honey I used. I recommend this stuff anyway, though. It has an amazing texture, great flavor, and it's just odd because it's opaque. And they have it at TJ Maxx for some reason!
This is a pretty healthy snack, though it doesn't feel like it. It's super messy (skip the microwave), but despite the mess and the sugar, it's a fun food. Think banana sandwich in wrap form.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They had these at WrAPPS up at App! They were called power bombs. They also had raisins in them and wheat germ (whatever that is sounds unappetizing). But raisins are def a plus!